Church Hill Landscapes COVID-19 WorkSafe Policies
The health and safety of our team and our customers is our number one priority as we navigate the uncertainties of the COVID-19 virus.
We appreciate the support and patience of our customers and our community as we adjust to our new policies and workflow during these unprecedented times. We’ve implemented the following preventative health and safety measures, as instructed by the Vermont Department of Health and the CDC:
- Overall Health Requirements: Employees are required to stay home or leave their job if sick or symptomatic with: fever, cough, and/or shortness of breath. Church Hill Landscapes will provide additional paid sick time to any employee who is instructed by a medical professional to quarantine at home due to suspected COVID-19 infection.
- Social Distancing Guidelines: All employees will maintain a safe social distance of 6 feet or more between themselves and our customers as well as each other while working. If certain tasks require staff members to briefly work within the 6-foot social distance zone for ergonomic safety (for example: lifting safely), all staff will wear a protective mask for the duration of the task.
- Use of Protective Face Coverings: All employees are required to wear a non-medical protective face covering (bandanna, scarf, or non-medical mask, etc.) over their nose and mouth when in the presence of others (nearing the 6-foot social distancing guideline). Face coverings are required when in the presence of our customers or vendors at all times.
- Hand Washing/Sanitizing: According to the Vermont Department of Health and the CDC, the single-most effective prevention against the spread of COVID-19 is effective hand-washing with soap and water. All Church Hill Landscape teams will have easy access to soap and water and hand sanitizers on all job sites.
- Customer Meetings: Whenever possible, customer meetings will be scheduled over the phone or video conference. All in-person meetings will be conducted outdoors with social distancing and face coverings.
- Vehicles & Equipment: No vehicle or equipment shall have more than one occupant at a time. Any vehicle or equipment that may, from time to time, have more than one user must be sanitized between users.
We will continue to closely monitor the guidance from the Vermont Department of Health and the CDC and make the best decisions we can for our customers, our employees, and overall public health. We couldn’t be happier to be serving our wonderful customers. Let us know how we can help you get away in your own backyard!