Church Hill Landscapes, Inc.
Seasonal Landscape Technician
- Job Title: Landscape Technician
- Reports To: Foreman they are assigned to that day
- Wage Range: $12-$16
The Gardening Technician is an integral part of his/her gardening crew assisting with all gardening maintenance and installation projects at client properties. Garden Technicians are responsible for maintaining and enhancing the attractiveness of the landscape; while also keeping the area free of diseases and insects. Gardening Technicians are in good physical shape to keep up with the demands of the role.
- Assist crews in performing high quality gardening, construction, and mowing services at all Church Hill gardening clients.
- Operate various tools and equipment, including: rototillers, wheelbarrows, saws, pruners, shovels, edgers, etc.
- Operate trucks and trailers as needed
- Load and unload materials, tools, and equipment required to complete construction and maintenance tasks
- Perform preventative maintenance on tools and equipment by inspecting, lubricating, and cleaning at regular intervals.
- Ensure a safe, clean, and orderly site at all times
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Equivalent work experience
- Capable of operating required equipment and tools in a safe and responsible manner
- Effective communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Must possess a valid driver’s license
- Knowledge of specific materials, methods, tools and equipment required to complete various landscape/horticulture practices
- Time management skills
- Ability to work both independently with little supervision and as part of a team
- Willingness to receive training and learn proper installation techniques, efficient jobsite operations, and equipment/vehicle operation.
- Ability to walk, stand, and crouch for long periods of time and carry out strenuous physical tasks
- Ability to work with hand tools, power tools, small engine equipment, and materials
- Ability to lift a minimum of 50 lbs. repeatedly through an entire work shift
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Excellent stamina is required
- Work near heavy equipment and other vehicles on a regular basis
- Work outdoors in various conditions including heat and humidity, rain, snow, dust, noise, and cold
- Ability to work 40-50 hours per week (with occasional Saturdays)
Expectations for Success
- Efficient work – Capable of keeping up with assigned tasks.
- Work in a safe manner – No accidents or injuries
- Incredible Customer Service – Clients wants us to be there as a result of your work exceeding expectations, kindness, and communication
- Productive while unsupervised (cleaning job site, organizing tools, sharpening blades, and etc.)
- Willingness to complete training and acquire knowledge relevant to trade
- PPE allowance
- Paid holidays during active employment
- Cell phone stipend