Church Hill Landscapes, Inc.
Seasonal Landscape Technician
- Job Title: Seasonal Landscape Technician
- Reports To: Foreman they are assigned to that day
- Wage Range: $15-$18/hr
Seasonal Landscape Technicians are employees that join our team for 20 weeks or fewer during the landscape season. They are an integral part of their gardening or landscape crew assisting with all gardening maintenance and installation projects at client properties. Seasonal Landscape Technicians are responsible for maintaining and enhancing the attractiveness of the landscape; while also keeping the area free of diseases and insects. Seasonal Landscape Technicians are in good physical shape to keep up with the demands of the role.
- Assist crews in performing high quality gardening, construction, and mowing services at all Church Hill clients.
- Operate various tools and equipment, including: rototillers, wheelbarrows, saws, pruners, shovels, edgers, etc.
- Operate trucks and trailers as needed
- Load and unload materials, tools, and equipment required to complete construction and maintenance tasks
- Perform preventative maintenance on tools and equipment by inspecting, lubricating, and cleaning at regular intervals.
- Ensure a safe, clean, and orderly site at all times
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Equivalent work experience
- Capable of operating required equipment and tools in a safe and responsible manner
- Effective communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Must possess a valid driver’s license
- Knowledge of specific materials, methods, tools and equipment required to complete various landscape/horticulture practices
- Time management skills
- Ability to work both independently with little supervision and as part of a team
- Willingness to receive training and learn proper installation techniques, efficient jobsite operations, and equipment/vehicle operation.
- Ability to walk, stand, and crouch for long periods of time and carry out strenuous physical tasks
- Ability to work with hand tools, power tools, small engine equipment, and materials
- Ability to lift a minimum of 50 lbs. repeatedly through an entire work shift
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Excellent stamina is required
- Work near heavy equipment and other vehicles on a regular basis
- Work outdoors in various conditions including heat and humidity, rain, snow, dust, noise, and cold
- Ability to work 40-50 hours per week (with occasional Saturdays)
Expectations for Success
- Efficient work – Capable of keeping up with assigned tasks.
- Work in a safe manner – No accidents or injuries
- Incredible Customer Service – Clients wants us to be there as a result of your work exceeding expectations, kindness, and communication
- Productive while unsupervised (cleaning job site, organizing tools, sharpening blades, and etc.)
- Willingness to complete training and acquire knowledge relevant to trade
- PPE allowance
- Paid holidays during active employment
- Cell phone stipend