Church Hill Landscapes, Inc.
Landscape Construction Project Technician
- Job Title: Project Technician
- Reports To: Project Foreman
- Wage Range: $15-$19/hr
The Project Technician is a pivotal role assisting the construction team to complete all aspects of landscape construction projects. As a Project Technician you will be working around heavy machinery, with power tools, and many other construction related tasks. The Project Technician is responsible to carry out the work assigned by the foreman and working cohesively as a team with co-workers assuring quality and safety. This position requires strength and stamina to keep up with the project deadlines.
- Assist his/her crew in building, assembling, and planting all types of projects produced by Church Hill Landscapes, Inc.
- Assist in the preparation of job-sites prior to the beginning of a project
- Operate various tools and equipment, including: heavy equipment, chainsaws, jackhammers, laser levels, measurement equipment, shovels, hammers, drills, etc.
- Perform preventative maintenance on tools and equipment by conducting inspections, lubricating, and cleaning at regular intervals
- Load and unload materials, tools, and equipment required to complete landscape projects
- Ensure a safe, clean, and orderly jobsite at all times
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Minimum of 1 year experience in the landscape/construction industry
- Capable of operating required equipment and tools in a safe and responsible manner
- Effective communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Time management skills
- Ability to work both independently with little supervision and as part of a team
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and specifications
- Willingness to receive training and learn proper installation techniques, efficient jobsite operations, and equipment/vehicle operation.
- Ability to walk, stand, and crouch for long periods of time and carry out strenuous physical tasks
- Ability to work with hand tools, power tools, small engine equipment, heavy equipment, and materials
- Ability to lift a minimum of 50 lbs. repeatedly through an entire work shift
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Excellent stamina is required
- Work near heavy equipment and other vehicles on a regular basis
- Work outdoors in various conditions including heat and humidity, rain, snow, dust, noise, and cold
- Ability to work 40-50 hours per week (with occasional Saturdays) with a 7 AM start time during the spring, summer and fall months.
Expectations for Success
- Ability to work with a team
- Open-minded to receiving help and helping others
- Work in an efficient manner to keep up with assigned tasks
- Work in a safe manner with no accidents or injuries
- Incredible customer service; clients want us to be there as a result of your work exceeding expectations, kindness, and communication
- Ability to run a job with Project Lead while Project Foreman is not on site
- Productive while unsupervised (sharpening blades, equipment maintenance, organizing and cleaning truck and trailer, and etc.)
- Willingness to complete training(s) and acquire knowledge relevant to the trade
- Paid holidays during active employment
- 5 days ordinary paid sick time during the first year of employment
- 10 days ordinary paid time off after 12 months of employment
- Dental Insurance
- Cell phone stipend
- Simple IRA after 12 months of employment
- Company provided PPE