Church Hill Landscapes, Inc.
Landscape Construction Project Lead
- Job Title: Project Lead
- Reports To: Project Foreman
- Wage Range: $17-$22/hr
The Project Lead is a pivotal role assisting the Project Foreman to complete all aspects of landscape construction projects. The Project Lead is responsible to carry out the work assigned by the Project Foreman and oversee the work of other workers around them assuring quality and safety.
- Build, assemble, and plant all types of projects produced by Church Hill Landscapes, Inc.
- Review job plan and schedule with foreman. Execute the project according to the plan and schedule.
- Read and interpret blueprints, structural drawings, and specifications to delegate/complete work activities
- Ensure that all work activities are carried out in a safe and efficient manner.
- Operate various tools and equipment, including: heavy equipment, chainsaws, jackhammers, laser levels, measurement equipment, shovels, hammers, drills, etc.
- Ensure preventative maintenance on tools and equipment by conducting inspections and delegating lubricating, and cleaning on a daily basis
- Assist Project Foreman in meeting and exceeding yearly crew production goals.
- Assist Project Foreman with workplace/jobsite inspections
- Assist Project Foreman with correcting substandard acts or conditions
- Assist Project Foreman with required paperwork
- Ensure preventative maintenance on tools and equipment by performing inspections and lubricating, and cleaning at regular intervals.
- Assist Project Foreman in managing crew equipment and yearly equipment budgets.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Capable of operating required equipment and tools in a safe and responsible manner
- Effective communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines
- Time management skills
- Ability to work both independently with little supervision and as part of a team
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and specifications
- Must possess a valid driver’s license
- Preferred experience in the landscape/construction industry
- Knowledge of specific materials, methods, tools and equipment required to complete various landscape/construction practices
- Ability to work with hand tools, power tools, small engine equipment, heavy equipment, and materials
- Ability to lift a minimum of 50 lbs. repeatedly through an entire work shift
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Excellent stamina is required
- Work near heavy equipment and other vehicles on a regular basis
- Work outdoors in various conditions including heat and humidity, rain, snow, dust, noise, and cold
- Ability to work 40-50 hours per week (with occasional Saturdays) with a 7 AM start time during the spring and summer months.
Expectations for Success
- Ability to work with a team
- Open-minded to receiving help and helping others
- Work in an efficient manner to keep up with assigned tasks
- Work in a safe manner with no accidents or injuries
- Incredible customer service; clients want us to be there as a result of your work exceeding expectations, kindness, and communication
- Ability to run a job while Project Foreman is not on site
- Productive while unsupervised (sharpening blades, equipment maintenance, organizing and cleaning truck and trailer, and etc.)
- Willingness to complete training(s) and acquire knowledge relevant to the trade
- Paid holidays during active employment
- 5 days ordinary paid time off during the year of employment
- 10 days ordinary paid time off after 12 months of employment
- Dental Insurance
- Cell phone stipend
- Simple IRA after 12 months of employment
- Company provided PPE