Church Hill Landscapes, Inc.
Landscape Construction Project Foreman
- Job Title: Project Foreman
- Reports To: Operations/Project Manager
- Wage Range: $20+/hr
The Project Foreman is responsible for overseeing all on-site aspects of landscape construction projects and the supervision of his/her assigned crew. The Project Foreman is a working foreman who organizes workers, materials, and equipment for a productive work flow. The Project Foreman directs team members to complete work in a safe and efficient manner possible. It is vital that the Project Foreman is physically capable of completing physically demanding work continuously over long periods of time. As a Project Foreman, you drive the project, and the team, from commencement and completion.
- Build, assemble, and plant all types of projects produced by Church Hill Landscapes, Inc.
- Execute projects according to the job plan and schedules.
- Read and interpret blueprints, structural drawings, and specifications to delegate/complete work activities
- Effectively communicate with clients through the duration of the project. Ensure proper company presence on site at all times
- Supervise, coordinate, and schedule the day-to-day work activities of your assigned landscape construction crew. Includes monitoring vacation/sick days and planning accordingly.
- Ensure that all work activities are carried out in a safe and efficient manner, and that all crew members are in compliance with government and company PPE standards
- Operate various tools and equipment, including: heavy equipment, chainsaws, jackhammers, laser levels, measurement equipment, shovels, hammers, drills, etc.
- Meeting and exceeding defined crew production goals for the year (as assigned by the owner).
- Review estimates and job plans with estimator and project manager before jobs are sold.
- Review job plan and schedule with project manager prior to the start of each project.
- Order and procure materials as needed
- Conduct on-site orientations with new employees and employees in new positions, which cover company health and safety policies, practices, procedures, and equipment training
- Attend all company foreman meetings
- Conduct weekly jobsite safety toolbox meetings with assigned crew.
- Conduct workplace/jobsite inspections
- Carry out accident/incident investigations
- Correct substandard acts or conditions and commend employee health and safety performance
- Complete and submit all required paperwork on a weekly basis. Includes daily site meeting logs, crew daily forms, equipment inspection forms, attendance tracking, change order requests, requests for time off, receipts, etc.
- Supervise preventative maintenance on tools and equipment. Ensure completion at regular intervals.
- Submit daily report to operations/project manager by 3 PM each day
- Manage yearly crew equipment budget (Continued)
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in the landscape/construction industry
- Capable of operating required equipment and tools in a safe and responsible manner
- Effective communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines
- Time management skills
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and specifications
- Must possess a valid driver’s license
- Ability to operate mobile/web applications for time tracking and project management
- Knowledge of specific materials, methods, tools and equipment required to complete various landscape/construction practices
- Ability to work with hand tools, power tools, small engine equipment, heavy equipment, and materials
- Ability to lift a minimum of 50 lbs. repeatedly through an entire work shift
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Excellent stamina is required
- Work near heavy equipment and other vehicles on a regular basis
- Work outdoors in various conditions including heat and humidity, rain, snow, dust, noise, and cold
- Ability to work 40-50 hours per week (with occasional Saturdays) with a 7 AM start time during the spring, summer and fall months.
Expectations for Success
- Ability to work with a team
- Open-minded to receiving help and helping others
- Work in an efficient manner to keep up with assigned tasks
- Work in a safe manner with no accidents or injuries
- Incredible customer service; clients want us to be there as a result of your work exceeding expectations, kindness, and communication
- Ability to delegate work to others to increase job productivity
- Willingness to complete training(s) and acquire knowledge relevant to the trade
- Ability to train project leads and project technicians to become more proficient
- Leadership/mentor role that supports the growth of others and instills the company values
- Company truck
- Paid holidays during active employment
- 5 days ordinary paid time off during the year of employment
- 10 days ordinary paid time off after 12 months of employment
- Dental Insurance
- Cell phone stipend
- Simple IRA after 12 months of employment
- Company provided PPE