Church Hill Landscapes, Inc.
- Job Title: Lawn Lead
- Reports To: Lawn Foreman
- Wage Range: $17-$22
The Lawn Lead works in a supporting role alongside the Lawn Foreman. As a Lawn Lead, you will assist in general lawn maintenance on a variety of residential and commercial properties. You handle outdoor power equipment, such as string trimmers, ride on mowers, and leaf blowers. A Lawn Lead is a pivotal part of our lawn maintenance division.
- Perform high quality lawn care and gardening services for Church Hill clients
- Review job plans with Lawn Foreman. Execute mowing visits and gardening projects according to the job plan and schedule
- Effectively communicate with the client while on site
- Ensure that all work activities are carried out in a safe and efficient manner.
- Operate various tools and equipment, including: mowers, string trimmers, backpack blowers, rototillers, wheelbarrows, saws, pruners, shovels, edger, etc.
- Operate trucks and trailers assigned to the lawn crew.
- Assist the Lawn Foreman with meeting and exceeding defined crew production goals for the year (as assigned by the owner).
- Assist Lawn Foreman with workplace/jobsite inspections
- Assist Lawn Foreman with correcting substandard acts or conditions
- Assist Lawn Foreman with required paperwork
- Ensure preventative maintenance on tools and equipment by performing inspections and lubricating and cleaning at regular intervals
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Capable of operating required equipment and tools in a safe and responsible manner
- Effective communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines
- Time management skills
- Must possess a valid driver’s license
- Knowledge of specific materials, methods, tools and equipment required to complete various landscape/construction practices (preferred, but not necessary)
- Ability to work with hand tools, power tools, small engine equipment, and materials
- Ability to lift a minimum of 50 lbs. repeatedly through an entire work shift
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Excellent stamina is required
- Work near heavy equipment and other vehicles on a regular basis
- Work outdoors in various conditions including heat and humidity, rain, snow, dust, noise, and cold
- Ability to work 40-50 hours per week (with occasional Saturdays) with a 7 AM start time during the spring, summer and fall months.
Expectations for success
- Ability to work with a team
- Open-minded to receiving help and helping others
- Work in an efficient manner to keep up with assigned tasks
- Work in a safe manner with no accidents or injuries
- Incredible customer service; clients want us to be there as a result of your work exceeding expectations, kindness, and communication
- Ability to run a job while Lawn Foreman is not on site
- Productive while unsupervised (cleaning job site, organizing tools, sharpening blades, and etc.)
- Willingness to complete training(s) and acquire knowledge relevant to the trade
- Paid holidays during active employment
- 5 days ordinary paid sick time during the first year of employment
- 10 days ordinary paid time off after 12 months of employment
- Dental Insurance
- Cell phone stipend
- Simple IRA after 12 months of employment
- Company provided PPE