Church Hill Landscapes, Inc.
Landscape Construction Lawn Foreman
- Job Title: Lawn Foreman
- Reports To: Service Manager
- Wage Range: $19-$24
The Lawn Foreman is a leadership position, responsible for the management and on-site direction of his/her assigned crew. The Lawn Foreman has a known and systematized route of commercial and residential properties that need to be performed within the specified budget and time frame. As a working position, the Lawn Foreman organizes their crew to complete tasks directly correlated to a safe and efficient completion of high-quality work. The Lawn Foreman has a strong attention to detail and physical ability to be on their feet all day.
- Perform high-quality lawn care and gardening services for Church Hill clients
- Execute mowing visits and gardening projects according to the job plan and schedule established by the Service Manager
- Effectively communicate with the client while on site. Ensure proper company presence and visibility on site at all times
- Supervise, coordinate, and schedule the day-to-day work activities of your assigned crew. Includes monitoring vacation/sick days and planning accordingly.
- Ensure that all work activities are carried out in a safe and efficient manner, and that all crew members are in compliance with government and company PPE standards
- Operate various tools and equipment, including mowers, string trimmers, backpack blowers, rototillers, wheelbarrows, saws, pruners, shovels, edger, etc.
- Operate trucks and trailers assigned to the lawn crew.
- Meeting and exceeding defined crew production goals for the year (as assigned by the owner).
- Review estimates and plans with the Service Manager before jobs are sold.
- Review plans and schedules with the Service Manager prior to the start of each visit or project.
- Order and procure materials as needed
- Conduct on-site orientations with new employees and employees in new positions, which cover company health and safety policies, practices, procedures, and equipment/vehicle training
- Attend all company foreman meetings
- Conduct weekly jobsite safety toolbox meetings with assigned crew.
- Conduct workplace/jobsite inspections
- Carry out accident/incident investigations
- Correct substandard acts or conditions and commend employee health and safety performance
- Complete and submit all required paperwork on a weekly basis. Includes daily site meeting logs, crew daily forms, equipment inspection forms, attendance tracking, change order requests, requests for time off, receipts, etc.
- Supervise preventative maintenance on tools and equipment. Ensure completion at regular intervals.
- Submit daily report to Service Manager by 3 PM each day
- Manage yearly crew equipment budget
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Equivalent work experience
- Capable of operating required equipment and tools in a safe and responsible manner
- Effective communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines
- Time management skills
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and specifications
- Must possess a valid driver’s license
- Ability to operate mobile/web applications for time tracking and project management
- Knowledge of specific materials, methods, tools and equipment required to complete various landscape/construction practices
- Ability to work with hand tools, power tools, small engine equipment, and materials
- Ability to lift a minimum of 50 lbs. repeatedly through an entire work shift
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Excellent stamina is required
- Work near heavy equipment and other vehicles on a regular basis
- Work outdoors in various conditions including heat and humidity, rain, snow, dust, noise, and cold
- Ability to work 40-50 hours per week (with occasional Saturdays) with a 7 AM start time during the spring, summer and fall months.
Expectations for Success
- Ability to work with a team
- Open-minded to receiving help and helping others
- Work in an efficient manner to keep up with assigned tasks
- Work in a safe manner with no accidents or injuries
- Incredible customer service; clients want us to be there as a result of your work exceeding expectations, kindness, and communication
- Ability to delegate work to others to increase job productivity
- Willingness to complete training(s) and acquire more knowledge relevant to trade
- Leadership/mentor role that supports the growth of others and instills the company value
- Paid holidays during active employment
- 5 days ordinary paid sick time during the first year of employment
- 10 days ordinary paid time off after 12 months of employment
- Dental Insurance
- Cell phone stipend
- Simple IRA after 12 months of employment
- Company provided PPE