Church Hill Landscapes, Inc.
- Job Title: Gardening Technician
- Reports To: Gardening Foreman
- Wage Range: $15-$18/hr
The Gardening Technician is an integral part of their gardening crew assisting with all gardening maintenance and installation projects at client properties. Garden Technicians are responsible for maintaining and enhancing the attractiveness of the landscape; while also keeping the area free of diseases and insects. Gardening Technicians are in good physical shape to keep up with the demands of the role.
- Assist the gardening team in performing high quality gardening and horticultural care at all Church Hill gardening clients.
- Operate various tools and equipment, including: rototillers, wheelbarrows, saws, pruners, shovels, edgers, etc.
- Operate trucks and trailers assigned to the gardening crew.
- Load and unload materials, tools, and equipment required to complete gardening and maintenance visits at client properties
- Perform preventative maintenance on tools and equipment by conduction inspections, and lubricating and cleaning at regular intervals.
- Ensure a safe, clean, and orderly site at all times
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Equivalent experience in the horticulture/landscape industry
- Capable of operating required equipment and tools in a safe and responsible manner
- Effective communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Must possess a valid driver’s license
- Knowledge of specific materials, methods, tools and equipment required to complete various landscape/horticulture practices
- Ability to work with hand tools, power tools, small engine equipment, and materials
- Ability to lift a minimum of 50 lbs. repeatedly through an entire work shift
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Excellent stamina is required
- Work near heavy equipment and other vehicles on a regular basis
- Work outdoors in various conditions including heat and humidity, rain, snow, dust, noise, and cold
- Ability to work 40-50 hours per week (with occasional Saturdays) with a 7 AM start time during the spring, summer and fall months.
Expectations for Success
- Ability to work with a team
- Open-minded to receiving help and helping others
- Work in an efficient manner to keep up with assigned tasks
- Work in a safe manner with no accidents or injuries
- Incredible customer service; clients want us to be there as a result of your work exceeding expectations, kindness, and communication
- Ability to run a job with Gardening Lead while Gardening Foreman is not on site
- Productive while unsupervised (sharpening blades, equipment maintenance, organizing and cleaning truck and trailer, and etc.)
- Willingness to complete training(s) and acquire knowledge relevant to the trade
- Paid holidays during active employment
- 5 days ordinary paid sick time during the first year of employment
- 10 days ordinary paid time off after 12 months of employment
- Dental Insurance
- Cell phone stipend
- Simple IRA after 12 months of employment
- Company provided PPE