Church Hill Landscapes, Inc.
- Job Title: Gardening Lead
- Reports To: Gardening Foreman
- Wage Range: $15-$19
The Gardening Lead plays a pivotal role in the garden crew, working with foreman and others to complete tasks and directions of the Gardening Foreman. Gardening Lead will be working on both garden maintenance and installation projects at client properties. Garden Leads are responsible for maintaining and enhancing the attractiveness of the landscape; while also keeping the area free of diseases and insects. Gardening Leads are in good physical shape to keep up with the demands of the role.
- Perform high quality gardening and horticultural care at all Church Hill gardening clients
- Review job plan with Gardening Foreman. Execute gardening visits and projects according to the job plan and schedule.
- Effectively communicate with the client while on site
- Ensure that all work activities are carried out in a safe and efficient manner
- Operate various tools and equipment, including: rototillers, wheelbarrows, saws, pruners, shovels, edgers, etc.
- Operate trucks and trailers assigned to the gardening crew.
- Assist the Gardening Foreman in meeting and exceeding defined crew production goals for the year.
- Assist Gardening Foreman with workplace/jobsite inspections
- Assist Gardening Foreman with correcting substandard acts or conditions
- Assist Gardening Foreman with required paperwork
- Ensure preventative maintenance on tools and equipment by performing inspections and lubricating and cleaning at regular intervals.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Minimum of 2 year experience in the horticulture/landscape industry
- Capable of operating required equipment and tools in a safe and responsible manner
- Effective communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines
- Time management skills
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and specifications
- Must possess a valid driver’s license
- Knowledge of specific materials, methods, tools and equipment required to complete various landscape/horticulture practices
- Ability to work with hand tools, power tools, small engine equipment, and materials
- Ability to lift a minimum of 50 lbs. repeatedly through an entire work shift
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Excellent stamina is required
- Work near heavy equipment and other vehicles on a regular basis
- Work outdoors in various conditions including heat and humidity, rain, snow, dust, noise, and cold
- Ability to work 40-50 hours per week (with occasional Saturdays) with a 7 AM start time during the spring and summer months.
Expectation for Success
- Ability to work with a team
- Open-minded to receiving help and helping others
- Work in an efficient manner to keep up with assigned tasks
- Work in a safe manner with no accidents or injuries
- Incredible customer service; clients want us to be there as a result of your work exceeding expectations, kindness, and communication
- Ability to run a job while Garden Foreman is not on site
- Productive while unsupervised (cleaning job site, organizing tools, sharpening blades, and etc.)
- Willingness to complete training(s) and acquire knowledge relevant to the trade
- Paid holidays during active employment
- 5 days ordinary paid sick time during the first year of employment
- 10 days ordinary paid time off after 12 months of employment
- Dental Insurance
- Cell phone stipend
- Simple IRA after 12 months of employment
- Company provided PPE